St. Ignatius of Loyola School is in its 91st year of providing an outstanding education, committed to the Common Core State Standards ELA & Math and California State Standards providing students with greater depth, rigor, differentiation, individualization and acceleration in learning whenever possible. Where archdiocesan standards are directly aligned to the CCS standard, teachers will have the opportunity to note that alignment, identify materials that can be used in instruction, and create application activities that will engage students’ learning at higher critical thinking levels.
St. Ignatius of Loyola curriculum includes the development of Catholic values and attitudes, as well as the attainment of knowledge and skills necessary for the students’ spiritual, moral, intellectual, social and physical development.
The basic curriculum includes the following subjects:
- Daily Religion
- Language Arts/English/Composition
- Social Studies
- Fine Arts (Education Through Music LA and Art Trek)
- Physical Education
- Technology Education
In addition to the core curriculum, student learning is enhanced by Mathletics, Accelus Math Junior High Program, Technology Instuction and Academic Decathlon.
- Grades 2-8: Iowa Test of Basic Skills
- Grade 4 and Grade 7: CogAT School Ability Test
- Grade 5 and Grade 8: A.C.R.E Religion Exam
- Prayer, religious topics and activities integrated throughout the curriculum
- Hands-on, inquiry-based science classes
- SMART Board technology, eBeams and wireless Internet throughout the school
- Graduates have had 100% acceptance rate to highly selective college preparatory schools: Alverno, Cathedral, Don Bosco Tech, Holy Family, Immaculate Heart, La Salle, Sacred Heart, Salesian, San Gabriel Mission